September Events at Virtue Cider
We're in the final throes of summer, and we're featuring small batch ciders all month long.
September is Small Batch Innovation Month at Virtue Cider.
Stop by our Tap Room each weekend for a new batch of cider infused with a variety of local ingredients of our cidermakers' choice. Each week will feature a new combination of fruits, botanicals, or spices.
Each new batch will be tapped at 6pm on Friday, and poured the rest of the weekend until it runs out.
- Sept. 1-2: Small Batch Kickoff: Cider infused with blueberries and sage
- Sept. 7-9: Proper Farmhouse Cider Weekend
- Sept. 14-16: Spritz Weekend (Spritz Brunch outside on Sept.16!)
- Sept. 21-23: Cidermakers' Choice (TBD)
- Sept. 28-30: Cidermakers' Choice (TBD)
Come by the Tap Room for tastes, half pints, pints, quarts, or even growlers of these Fennville-exclusive blends!
Other highlights this month as we move into autumn:
- Sept. 5 is National Cheese Pizza Day, and we're celebrating at Virtue the glorious food by grilling up cheese pizzas from 4-7pm EDT. And on Sept. 6, our First Thursday Market will feature local makers and artisans as well as live music by Coli Renée.
- This month's Farm Tunes outdoor concert features a reunion of West Michigan trio Ganges, bringing their spacey, electric folk to the Virtue Cider Stage on Saturday, Sept. 8. DJ Real Umami supports. $10 suggested donation at the door.
- Celebrate the autumn equinox and the official start of fall with apple pressing parties at Virtue Cider, happening Sept. 21-23. Book your spot to learn about cidermaking and the history of Virtue while making fresh cider.
- We love learning from our neighbors, and now you can too. We continue our Farm Chats series on Thursday, Sept. 27 with Dreamgoats, a West Michigan-based project where a herd of dairy goats reduces invasive species and restores prairies, bringing nourishment and joy to communities in the region.
- As we transition into cooler temps, we're breaking in our outdoor fire pits with a little weekend of hygge (the Danish word for "coziness"). On Friday, Sept. 28 for an evening of Fireside Stories featuring regional storytellers with their first-person accounts and observations on life, love, and anything they choose to come with.
Finally, save the date for our 3rd Annual Apple Fest on Saturday, Oct. 20! Join us in celebrating all things autumn with all-day live music, games, Percheron-drawn cart rides, food, and much more. We will be open all day from noon to 8pm. Entry is $20 for 21+, $10 for under 21. Tickets and more details here.
Our Tap Room and Bottle Shop are open Sunday-Thursday noon to 7pm, and Friday and Saturday from noon to 8pm (and a little later when we have events). You can also book a tour or private event with us online.